- Student applies to program on-line at http://grad.arizona.edu
- Deadline for International students = February 1st
- Deadline for US citizens & permanent residents = February 1st
- All documents should be uploaded to the online application, with the exception of official transcripts, which should be mailed.
- Departmental committee reviews all complete
applications and makes recommendation for
admission or denial by late February or early
- Notification (done by early March)
- Students recommended for admission are
notified by email by the department
- Students denied admission are notified by
the Graduate College
- Central Administration notifies departments of their budget allocation by late March
- Financial aid decisions are made by late March and then we send letters out by e-mail to the students specifying what financial aid we are able to offer
- Students need to notify us in writing (e-mail is fine) by April 15 either accepting or declining our offer of admission and/or financial aid
- We notify the Graduate College who has accepted our offers and they handle admission and SEVIS processing
- We mail SEVIS paperwork, original signed admission letter, and original signed financial aid letter to international students by FedEx
- Once the student arrives in the U.S. and at UofA departmental office:
- Hiring forms will have to be completed by the student who was offered employment
- Paperwork will have to be processed for all students
- International students will have to take the ESPE test (if student has not already taken and passed a TSE test, or have earned at least a 24 on the speaking section of the TOEFL).
- All students will have to attend orientations
- All students will have to obtain UofA identification card
- International students without a Social Security number will have to obtain one (at the International Student Orientation), etc.